Monday, November 18, 2013

Light Stuffed Celery (Low-Carb)

Snacking is one of my favorite things to do.  Terrible, isn't it?  I love anything sweet or salty or cheesy.  I have a tendency to snack on things that are horrible for me.  Honestly, I think that's the case with a lot of snackers.  The only ways around the unhealthy snacking is to stop being a snacker, or to retrain your brain into thinking that healthy snacks are what you want.  I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop being a snacker.  So naturally, I have to try to snack healthier.  This is one of my favorite snack "substitutes" that I have made so far.  It also makes a terrific appetizer!

  • 8 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
  • 25 pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons light sour cream
  • 8-10 stalks of celery, cut into bite-size pieces
1.  Using the back of a large spoon, combine the cream cheese, chopped olives, and sour cream; stir until evenly mixed.
2.  Spread filling mixture into the celery pieces.
3.  Refrigerate, covered, until ready to eat.

This recipe makes about 65 pieces total.

1 Piece of Stuffed Celery = 13 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment